This page collects the various educational resource outputs of the project, for composers and performers. Essentially, this differentiates between outputs of a specifically artistic nature (see here) and those that are more didactic (which explicitly walk-through or explain the techniques used).
- Tutorial 1: Resonance and Registers.
- How any fingering on the clarinet can produce several single-pitches and multiphonics across the instrument’s three registers.
- Exploring Multiphonics #1
- Two nearby fingerings are explored. Starting by isolating low pitches, then finding the most stable multiphonics, then progressively isolating middle and higher pitches and connecting those to multiphonics. Also exploring what happens when a change of fingering ‘breaks’ the resonance or requires a shift in playing technique (embouchure, breath-state etc)
- Deconstructing Multiphonics #1
- Taking apart a multiphonic to see how the fingering generates those pitches (as far as we can at least)